Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

      I have been one busy beaver.  We have practice everyday, even on Saturdays!  I don't really stop.  But I love it.  I've come to realize I hate not having something to do after school.  I just feel lazy.  Play practice just makes me so happy.  I get to spend time with my friends and it's just so much fun.  
  
    I'm trying to figure out my character.  The real Annie Oakley was one amazing woman.  She was full of spunk and drive.  My favorite thing that I read about her was that when she was in Germany, she shot the ashes off the Kaiser's cigarette.  The joke around the country was that if she had missed, she would have prevented World War 1.  When the war started, she wrote to the Kaiser and asked him if she could have a second shot.  bahaha.  What spunk?!  I love it.  And the true life love story of her and Frank Butler is wonderful.  He actually died of a broken heart when she died.  Well, he actually quit eating, but still....


    However, my Annie Oakley isn't really that...I mean, she gives up so Frank's ego won't be hurt and he'll marry her.  I would never ever do that.  If a guy can't accept the fact that I'm a better shot than him, then he's not the guy for me.  So, it's hard for me to do that section of the play.  But I'm really going to try to put the real Annie Oakley in there, because she was amazing and I believe I would count her as one of my heroes now.


    On another note, I got my housing information for Marshall, and I have to pick a Freshmen interest group, which will be a small group of kids like me and I'll have some of my classes with them.  But, the thing is, I have to choose between Chorus or Media Literacy. It's so hard.  I'm leaning more towards Chorus, even though I'm going into Journalism.  I don't ever want to stop singing.  The kids last year from Madrigal who didn't stay with music say they regret it.  I would miss it so much.  I don't think I could go without it.


     It was a beautiful day though.  I cannot wait until spring is here for good.  I know this is just a teaser.


    Oh!  The show is April 7, 8, and 9th, for anyone interested! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment