Sunday, August 21, 2011

Happy BIrthday to me!

Yesterday was my birthday!  I am 19  years old.  However, I still feel 16.  I don't feel old enough to go to clubs, have no curfew, and to be away from home at Marshall University.  It just seems so weird.  


It was a really great birthday, though.  (Even though I thought it was going to be horrible.)   I woke up feeling very homesick.  Everyone had sent me texts in the night and Facebook had exploded, and I felt so weird knowing I wasn't going to see any of them.  What kind of birthday is it if you don't get a birthday kiss from your boyfriend and parents?  My mom had sent me a picture of my puppy, which didn't help.  I miss her terribly.  I got in the shower, dreading the rest of the day.


And then, I opened my door.  All the girls on my floor had decorated it!  I was so happy I couldn't even explain.  


I ran some errands with a friend from home, and felt better being out and doing something with a familiar face.  Then, when I came back to my dorm, my amazing roommate Alyssa had decorated my whole room with streamers.  She made a sash for me and got me a crown and had cupcakes and wrote me a birthday song.  It was the most amazing thing ever.  I've had a surprise like that on my birthday.  


Later on, I went out with some girls from my floor and my friends from home to Fat Patty's, which is amazing.  


Then, I did something I've never done, I went out at 11.  Woah.  Don't I have to ask my parents?  The girls took me to a gay bar to dance.   That was my first club experience.  I love to dance, but I don't think I'm going to be going dancing every weekend.  It's just too much for me.  I loved it at the time, but right now I'm just feeling weird about it.  It's not that I did anything I'm not proud of.  I danced with my friends.  I drank a red bull.  Saw a drag show, which I really loved because the Queens are so confident and I would love an ounce of that. But I don't think I'm that girl....the girl that goes out dancing.  I'm too chill.  Once in a while will be fine, and a stress reliever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment