Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sweet Serendipity

I just want to say thanks for all the comments. After last nights blog, I cried a little and told God that this was my heart and that I needed his strength and comfort. I slept well last night. There were no worries, no fears. He gives me what I need, which was a beautiful blue sky, laughter, and singing a beautiful song.

Speaking of singing, I have a concert tomorrow and I cannot wait to get into my Madrigal dress again. But I am sad because it is the last time I will sing those songs, and I love each and every one of them.

I'm also thinking I should explain what Madrigal choir is for those who don't know. Madrigal was a secular piece of Renaissance music. We dress up in Renaissance style dress, sing accapella, and sing Madrigal pieces and many other types. It's the honors choir at our school. We also put on a Medieval feast every December. It's really fun. I am the queen of the choir this year, and the President of the choir. I give the pitches on the pitch pipe, and the King starts and stops every song by giving a little bounce.

Anyway, I fell back in love with singing today and I can't wait to do it again.

"And I'm doing just fine,
I'm always landing on my feet
In the nick of time and by the skin of my teeth.
I ain't gonna stress,
The worst ain't happened yet,
Something's watching over me
Like Sweet Serendipidy"
-Lee DeWyze

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to find comfort in God. I can't tell you how many times I've cried out the same prayer and have found relief. Next time you're stressed about college you could try some of Candy's meditation techniques! I bet that would help so much too :) Love you Taylor!

    ReplyDelete