Sunday, January 2, 2011

Memories.

Well, 2010 is over. I'd say finally, but I kind of wish it would have lasted a little longer. Thank God that December lasted long. And you know, December was a pretty good month, all things considered. All in all, I guess 2010 was pretty good year. Looking back...yeah, it was. Here's a highlight of all my favorite memories, month by month.

January.
  • On the very first day of the year, my best friend Linsey and I had an Ikea adventure, or misadventure. It took us forever to get there, then we got lost once in the store. We were too weak to drive the cart straight and Linsey used her debit card as a credit card so it wouldn't go through. Needless to say, we never stopped laughing.
  • Traveled to Pittsburgh with Tyler, Mason, and Chelsey to see Motion City Soundtrack, Set Your Goals, This Providence, and The Swellers. It was a school night and my ears were ringing the next day. But thats the price you pay for being up front!
February
  • Tyler made me a rose out of construction paper for Valentine's Day. Best valentine ever.
March and April
  • Madrigal choir had many fundraisers these two months because we were going to Washington D.C. for Memorial Day. We had a Battle of the Bands to raise money and I got to take all the pictures. We also had a rummage sale, during which all the girls played dress up. That was a great time.
  • Took the ACT, then went to see How To Train Your Dragon with Becca and Joey. That was super fun.
May
  • The best trip ever! Washington D.C. with the Madrigal Choir! This was the funnest trip ever! I wish I could go back and relive it all. We sang at the Kennedy Center with one of the Irish Tenors. Staying up late with my beautiful roommates, hanging out with Tyler and Joey, and seeing D.C. Ah, I loved every second!
June
  • This was the first summer camp that I was excited to go home. Not because I was homesick or hated it, but because I wanted to put to use all that I had learned about myself. I discovered so much about myself that week in June.
July
  • Warped Tour will always make my list of memories. Just awesome.
August
  • Rolling down my hill on my 18th birthday. Period.
I'm just going to put football season. That is a big part of my senior year. From Big Red, to killing Weirton, to South Charleston and the injunction. I followed those boys from the time they started playing and I supported them to the end. There is something about football season that brings kids together that would never be together. I will always remember and be fully touched by the bus ride home from the devestating South Charleston football game. Us seniors were so together, singing old songs and laughing and dancing. Highlight of my senior year.

I'm also just going to put Madrigal Season because it spans over several months. The feast this year was the best ever and I am so thankful that I got the chance to be queen. I am also so thankful that I got to become so close to everyone. The cast party was so amazing. We stayed up all night long and talk about everything. I've never opened up so much to that many people. I love my madrigal family.

Well, I realize that this post is mostly for me to remember my year. It's been a great one. This next year is one big leap of faith. I'm putting all my trust in God like never before. But, I know that it's going to be ok. It's going to be another great year. Hear's to the memories!

School starts tomorrow. Wish me luck..

2 comments:

  1. I love what you wrote about Senior High Camp. Have you changed? How have you changed? Love it and love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally realized what my relationship with God was Becky. Thank you so much for that wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete